Sunday, August 19, 2012

In a rut

I feel like I am in a rut again. I'm in a dead end job, seriously dead end we are going out of business by the end of the year, I feel like all my friends are getting married, pregnant, or going on adventures to teach foreign kids English. Where I am stuck in Boise, making no money, not dating anyone, and feeling helpless. Don't get me wrong I love Boise, and pretty much want to live here forever since it's close to my family, but I feel like I need to get out of my comfort zone and do something new. I've applied for several jobs, got one interview, got turned down for the job, and now I have no idea where else to apply. I don't know what kind of work I want to do. Do I stay in retail where I'll most likely be working every weekend including Sundays, have unreliable hours, and crappy pay? Or do I try and find something better? And if so what? I don't want to do massage any more which I went to school for and wasted a ton of money. Okay that's not exactly true I would love to do massage, I just have wrist problems that make it hard to do it. I'll lose feeling in my hands for hours-days on end. Not exactly fun let me tell you!
     So I guess the big question is: 
                WHAT DO I WANT TO DO WITH MY LIFE WHEN I GROW UP?

I know I don't want to do call centers. Yes they make good money, but I don't like people yelling at me for things I have no control of, and I don't want to sit in a cubical all day talking on the phone. I also know I don't want to work fast food ie- McDonalds, Burger King, Jack in the Box, and so forth.

I know I do want a job that will offer benefits, full time or close to, decent pay (ie over min wage) and a steady schedule. (I'm tired of having a different work schedule every single week. It makes it hard to plan things with friends when I never know what I'll be working till the week before.) Is that too much to ask for? I'd also like a place where there aren't people that are constantly gossiping and backstabbing. Which I know pretty much any where I go there will be some but there is sooooo much drama at Fashion Bug. I think working with guys would help even that out a little bit. Stick 9 girls and no guys together all the time and there is nothing but drama drama drama. And man am I tired of it.

So if anyone has any ideas of what I can do for work let me know it would be much appreciated.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment